Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 17, 2014


“The blind men approached him and Jesus said to them, ”Do you believe that I can do this? “ “Yes Lord,” they said to him. Then he touched their eyes and said, ”Let it be done for you, according to your faith.” And their eyes were opened. ( Mt9:28-30)

There are many kinds of blindness: physical, spiritual, mental. All recognize physical; man calls upon Jesus when our pressing needs confront us and our medical resources are exhausted. Jesus is not a magician we conjure up to produce a miracle.
 
Jesus is asking the blind men: “Do you believe in ME?” Do you recognize my presence in your life? Do you trust I love you and have a purpose for this suffering in your life?
When one commits to faith, it is faith in a person- the person of Jesus Christ. Do you trust in ME that I have God’s power to change your life? Can you see that I can see into your own heart? Can you see I am the Source of ALL healing?

If we share, we love; if we love we believe; if we believe, we trust.
The most difficult blindness for man to recognize is the blindness inside himself; it is the blindness that closes his heart to complete trust in Jesus. It is blindness to our own defects, our own bias, our own opinions, our own selfish ideas, our own pride.
 
Jesus asks us to take a deeper look at ourselves to develop a richer, more eye-opening interior life. Man says, “This is the path I am going to take to God.” Jesus says, “I am the path, the Way.” I am going to show you a richer goal, a goal to “contemplative union with God.” This blindness and your acceptance is your living my will; this is your cross to Calvary, your living my Passion. Acceptance is man’s action; acceptance is man’s highest action, the highest adoration of God in a blinded world. “As for me, in my justice, I shall see your face when I awake, with the sight of your glory.”(Ps17:15)
In our present age, the final blindness is the blindness of indifference. It is “not seeing” the suffering of those around us. Our senses are blocked to seeing misery, the plight of the less fortunate, like the rich man who did not see the beggar outside his home each day. Christ is in our midst and man does not see him. Man desperately needs Christ to remove our blindness; man needs God’s mercy to see; man needs to have the faith Jesus is asking of the blind men, so man can see.








No comments:

Post a Comment